Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Best Teacher Ever

The best teacher I ever had was my mom. I was homeschooled for grades 2-5 & 9. She was so creative and she made learning fun. Her philosophies about education inspired me to become a teacher. She also homeschooled my brother and my sister. She always chose to put us in the best possible situation for our education and gave us the support we needed.

Every year, we had a theme for our classroom. One year we studied Native Americans and another year we studied the Great Lakes. We would do a full immersion into the subject. We learned geography and history and we learned about culture.

Every Friday was reading day. She would take us to the library and we would read all day. She set up a fort for each of us and would bring us snacks so we could read in comfort.

She was creative with our physical education too. She put us in sports and dance classes and hired physical trainers. She made us each learn to play the piano and at least one other instrument.

During the summer, she would enter us into reading contests at the library to challange us and keep our academic levels up during the summer. We were usually the kids who had read the most books.

I want to be a teacher more than anything because of my mom--the best teacher I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment